Our club was organized in 1942 and it has been said that the BC Wildlife Federation found its roots here. As a club we affiliate with the BCWF and membership for the BCWF comes with your SOSA membership. If you are into archery we can get you set up with a membership with the BC Archery Association as well. Our main mission is Conservation.
Our Members includes, lovers the outdoors, hikers, campers, nature photographers, fishermen, archers, long gun enthusiasts, short gun enthusiasts, black powder enthusiasts, trap shooters, competitive shooters, hunters, Conservation Officers, RCMP Officers, Customs Officers, ATVers, snowmobilers, and most off all conservationists.
- Membership is for the current year - January to December
- Membership in SOSA gives members full use of any and all ranges such as archery, pistol, rifle, trap, 22, and black powder.
- Activities include: Trophy Measuring, Game Banquet, Sheep Count, C.O.R.E. program, Mel Shannon Trap Shoot, Black Powder Rendezvous; Club Fishing Camp Out, Turkey Shoots.
- News letters are sent out by email.
- Membership in SOSA also includes membership in B.C. Wildlife Federation which includes $2,000,000 excess personal liability insurance for outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, hunting, lawful shooting, archery, lawful use of an ATV, use of a watercraft up to 26 feet in length, with motors not more than 100 H.P.
- Reduced hotel rates and air fare discounts
- The Outdoor Edge Magazine
- Discounts on merchandise and limited edition prints
- Discounts to attend BCWF events
- Complimentary BCWF decal
2019 MEMBERSHIPS Available at:Oliver - Southern Valley Appliance & Furniture in the Oliver Place Mall
Oliver - Amos Realty, across the street from Subway
SOSA Range - 11am Tuesday & Saturday Trap & Sunday Sporting Clays
Penticton - Century 21 - 104-383 Ellis St (Medical Bld across from the Brick) 10am-2pm
BY MAIL: SOSA c/o George Karpinsky
352 Sportsmens Bowl Road Oliver BC V0H1T5
2019 Rates Fees
Family* (spouses and children) -$140
Regular 18 to 64 - $100
Senior 65 and over - $ 90
Junior under the age of 18 - $ 70
Payable in cash or cheque only.
*Family includes husband and wife or two adult partners and ALL children under 18 living at the same dwelling. Each will receive a membership card and insurance certificate.
Membership Chair: George Karpinsky – 250 498 4881
GuestsThis club is for members and for us to continue we must ask that if you bring a guest from the local area that that guest be restricted to one visit after that it would be expected that that person join the club.
If your guests are from out of the area we don't expect a membership from them but all guests must sign in our book at the Entrance.
It is imperative that all guests accompanied by a member sign into the sign in book at the entrance to the property while using the facility. The Club pays a fee for every guest (for insurance and liability reasons) and we must know who and when you have guests.
Please don't abuse this amazing privilege.