Our club was organized in 1942 and it has been said that the BC Wildlife Federation found its roots here. As a club we affiliate with the BCWF and membership for the BCWF comes with your SOSA membership. If you are into archery we can get you set up with a membership with the BC Archery Association as well. Our main mission is Conservation.
Our Members includes, lovers the outdoors, hikers, campers, nature photographers, fishermen, archers, long gun enthusiasts, short gun enthusiasts, black powder enthusiasts, trap shooters, competitive shooters, hunters, Conservation Officers, RCMP Officers, Customs Officers, ATVers, snowmobilers, and most off all conservationists.
- Membership is for the current year - January to December there is no reduction in the price later in the year
- Access keys are changed every January1st (one is supplied with your membership)
- Membership in SOSA gives members full use of any and all ranges such as archery, pistol, rifle, trap, 22, and black powder.
- Activities include: Trophy Measuring, Game Banquet, Sheep Count, C.O.R.E. program, Mel Shannon Trap Shoot, Black Powder Rendezvous; Club Fishing Camp Out, Turkey Shoots.
- News letters are sent out by email. If you are a current member and want to insure you are included in emails sent out about club activities, please send your request to email@example.com this will insure we have the correct email address for you; also include your current membership number!
- Membership in SOSA also includes membership in B.C. Wildlife Federation which includes $2,000,000 excess personal liability insurance for outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, hunting, lawful shooting, archery, lawful use of an ATV, use of a watercraft up to 26 feet in length, with motors not more than 100 H.P.
- Reduced hotel rates and air fare discounts
- The Outdoor Edge Magazine
- Discounts on merchandise and limited edition prints
- Discounts to attend BCWF events
- Complimentary BCWF decal
How to become a S.O.S.A Member:
- Junior (under 18) - $80
- Regular (18 - 64) - $110
- Senior (65 +) - $100
- Family $150 - includes spouse and all children under 18 living at the same address
Memberships payable by EXACT CASH or CHECK ONLY are sold at:
- Oliver - Amos Realty - 250 4984844 - Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm (Closed between 12:00 and 1:00)
- Oliver Range - Tuesday & Saturday Trap & Sunday Sporting Clays
- Oliver Range - 2nd Tuesday of the month at executive meetings 7pm
Online: two steps - Information submission and E transfer
Step 1 - Email the following information to > firstname.lastname@example.org
- First and last name
- your mailing address
- postal code
- phone number
- email address
- First and last name of spouse -Family Membership only
- First and last name of children -Family Membership only
- Include if this membership is for handgun use: yes or no
Step 2 -Email transfer the correct membership fee to> email@example.com
- Once both have been received your membership will be mailed to you
- PLEASE ensure you have included all the information above and the correct amount for the EMT or your membership will be delayed
By Mail: All the preceding information is required and a cheque made out to Southern Okanagan Sportsmen's Association
mail to: Southern Okanagan Sportsmen's Association
352 Sportmens Bowl Road
Oliver BC Canada V0H1T5
Membership questions ? firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember the membership year starts January 1 and expires December 31
GuestsThis club is for members and for us to continue we must ask that if you bring a guest from the local area that that guest be restricted to 3 visits after that it would be expected that that person join the club.
If your guests are from out of the area we don't expect a membership from them but all guests must sign in our book at the Entrance.
It is imperative that all guests accompanied by a member sign (using their name NOT Guest) into the sign in book at the entrance to the property while using the facility. The Club needs to keep records for every guest (for insurance and liability reasons) and we must know who and when you have guests.
Please don't abuse this amazing privilege.